- 120g mascarpone
- 200g crème fraîche
- 10g icing sugar
- ½ tsp rose water
- 60g meringue (ready-made is fine), broken into 3cm chunks
- 200g fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced in half lengthways
- 120g strawberry sorbet
- 80g pomegranate seeds
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 tsp sumac
- 2 tsp dried rose petals
This is the perfect summer strawberry pudding. simple and sweet enough not to work up a sweat but sharp and interesting enough to cause a loud round of applause on centre court.
- Place the mascarpone, crème fraîche, icing sugar and rose water in a medium bowl and whisk until the mixture is smooth and thick.
- Divide the meringue between four glasses (or spread out over a large platter, if serving is as a shared dessert). Spoon the cream on top and dot with the strawberries, followed by a scoop of sorbet and the pomegranate seeds. Drizzle over the molasses, sprinkle with the sumac and rose petals and serve.