- 2 large kohlrabi
- 3 apples (cox is best)
- 2 medium beetroot
- 40g coriander, roughly chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 55ml cider vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 50ml extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Serves four
Serve this salad together with a hearty veg tart or a roasted chicken or fish.
- Peel the kohlrabi, cut in half and slice thinly. Core the apples and slice to the same thickness. Peel the beetroot and grate coarsely on a cheese grater or shred on a mandolin.
- Mix together all the vegetables in a large bowl, then add the rest of the ingredients. Stir well, taste and season - you can afford to be generous with the salt. Pile up on a serving plate and garnish with extra chopped coriander.