- 500g very ripe strawberries, stems and leaves removed
- 2½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2½ tbsp rose harissa (or regular harissa)
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
This is lovely with any grilled or barbecued meat.
- Put everything in a food processor and blitz until well combined. Pour into a large saucepan and cook on a medium heat, stirring often, for 35-40 minutes, until reduced by half and the consistency of a thick ketchup. Transfer to a sterilised jar, seal and store in the fridge.