For this salad choose a selection of seasonal stone fruit. Grill the fruit that are relatively hard but leave the soft and juicy ones as they are.
- Serves four
- 4 peaches and/or nectarines, each pitted and cut into 6 wedges (500g net)
- 6 apricots, halved and pitted (200g net)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 large ripe figs, torn into 2 or 3 pieces (180g net)
- 2 tsp aniseeds or fennel seeds, toasted and finely crushed
- 10g small basil leaves
- Scented yoghurt:
- 150g full fat yoghurt
- 1½ tbsp thyme flower honey or another floral honey
- 1 tbsp lemon geranium water or ½
- orange blossom water
- 1½ tsp lemon juice (optional)
- Put a large ridged griddle pan on high heat and leave until it is very hot. In a bowl mix the peaches, nectarines and apricots that you are grilling with the oil. Place them on the griddle pan and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until they are charred and slightly softened. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Mix the yoghurt with the honey and orange blossom water. Stir in the lemon juice, if using, and refrigerate until needed.
- Before serving, arrange the peaches and apricots on a large platter and dot the torn figs on top. Spoon the yoghurt sauce over the fruit, leaving parts of the fruit exposed. Sprinkle over the ground seeds and finally scatter with the fresh basil leaves. Serve at once.