Books & DVD
How much do I love Plenty!
Plenty is my go to, favourite cookbook. Thank you Yotam - you have really inspired my cooking and expanded my repertoire in the kitchen and introduced me to 'new' ingredients such as pomegranate and pomegranate molasses.
An all time fav would have to be Barley and Pomegranate salad, Soba noodles with aubergine and mango, and Swiss chard, chickpea and tamarind stew... and then there's the Mushroom and herb polenta!!!
I can't wait for the next time I visit London (a long way from New Zealand!) to visit one of the wonderful Ottolenghi restaurants!
Books & DVD
The best cookbook in the world?
I adore Plenty. It's got some of my favourite recipes in it and it's the go-to when we're having any kind of special meal as it's guaranteed to be delicious.
The caramelised garlic tart, green pancakes with lime butter, cucumber salad with garlic & ginger, and green couscous are the highlights for me.
- Books & DVD fantastic Sam (12/03/2015) I'm not a vegetarian and love everything i eat in this book; none of the dishes feel like they lack, or would even benefit from, the addition of meat. The recipes are easy to follow (once you have the ingredients) and the photography in the book is lovely.
- Books & DVD Delicious vegetarian recipes emma (20/01/2015) I love the vegetarian recipes in the guardian and please to find that some of them are in this book and plenty more. Such wonderful use of ingredients and has made me use vegetables I have not tried before such as Kolarabi. I love the aubergine croquets and the kolarabi salad and am looking forward to trying lots more of these recipes.
- Books & DVD great book alan (11/10/2014) Simply a wonderful book. I have made lots of dishes from this book and each one has been a wonderful success - relatively easy dishes to make also. Also bought the book for friends. Recommended.
Books & DVD
My go to cookbook for great meals
A long-time follower of 'The New Vegetarian' column in the Guardian, I think I bought Plenty the day it came out. It's been the book I turn to most when I want to follow a recipe knowing the result will be a delicious vegetarian meal. It's also a book I browse for ideas (I wing it in the kitchen more often than not but love reading great cookbooks for ideas). I've been vegetarian for many years but this book gave me loads of new ideas. Recipes can be ingredient heavy and quite fiddly but it's well worth making the effort; the results are wonderful.
Everything I've cooked from Plenty has been delicious but the multi-vegetable paella in particular is genius.
Books & DVD
I'm not much of a cook. I don't cook (properly, from a recipe) very often and am too impatient to follow many recipes closely.
Everything I have made from Plenty - six or seven things, some several times - has turned out absolutely delicious. So delicious that guests - and I! - are staring at their plate to try and understand what can be in this that makes it so yummy.
Well worth the effort.
- Books & DVD Carnivores would love this book too AJ (17/08/2014) This is THE VEGETABLE COOKBOOK for me. Most cookbooks I have have a tendency to treat vegetables as an afterthought. Not this one. I hardly miss the meat. I used this book for last years Thanksgiving (American) and it even distracted from the turkey. Aside from Plenty More, I doubt I'll find another vegetable cookbook to rival this one.
- Books & DVD My favourite ottolenghi book katherine (30/03/2014) Use these recipes all the time. They never get boring and friends and family always love them too.
- Books & DVD Innovative Stephanie (27/01/2014) Vegetarian recipes that will make a vegetable lover out of the most die-hard meat eater. I especially love the Green Couscous.
- Books & DVD inspirational recipes sophia (21/01/2014) this cookbook is full of beautiful and delicious recipes for all year round and inspires vegetarians and meateaters alike to be more adventurous with flavours and colours on the plate - a must have!
- Books & DVD Veg tactic! Samuel (19/01/2014) For the new year I went vegetarian. I think it's fair to say that without this book I would be munching on a chicken wing right now. I think that statement sums up the importance of the book to the vegetable loving person!
- Books & DVD Fantastic! HD (09/10/2013) This was kindly given to me by a newly inspired friend keen to spread the word. It is the best vegetarian cook book I have ever used. Being vegetarian meant I'd used a few! Now even the children are trying the different recipes. Each is exciting, delicious and easy to use.
- Books & DVD Yum! Ella (11/08/2013) If you are going to have one vegetarian recipe-book, it should be this. Everything I have made from this book has been beyond delicious. My mum bought this for me as a present and it is the first and last place I look if I need a recipe, or inspiration for my own inventions. I may have to get another copy, however, as mine is covered in food from over-use.